We take 5 with John…
- What is one characteristic that you believe every leader should possess?
If I had to choose just one, it would have to be effective communication. Being able to communicate effectively with your clients and team is pivotal to the success and growth of a business. A leader has to be able to communicate with confidence and meaning in order to create solutions, empower others and inspire change.
- How do you implement creative and innovative thinking within your business?
Having a diverse team with a wide skill-set inspires fresh-thinking. Giving individuals the freedom to think creatively, alongside regular team brainstorms and workshops, ensures creativity is our top priority.
Creativity isn’t just subjective to the creative team, everyone is creative. I believe that no idea is too small so I encourage everyone to share any idea they think of – we often find that even the smallest idea can spark a wave of creativity and helps us create an even bigger idea.
- What challenges do you think the marketing industry faces? And how can we overcome them?
One of the toughest challenges we face is keeping people switched on. The world we live in today is largely influenced by technology and consumers such as Generation Z want easy access to everything at the touch of a button.
The challenge is to really understand what consumers want and what influences them – that way, our marketing campaigns can reflect this. How do we overcome this? Rise to it and embrace change!
- Some of your most longstanding clients have been with you since the inception of Rave, what’s the secret to a successful client relationship?
Creating a partnership is fundamental to every client relationship. A successful foundation is built on trust and mutual respect – once you have this, everything else will fall into place.
- What does the rest of 2019 look like?
It looks positive and really busy! We’ve got some exciting projects in the pipeline and my focus is to continue growing the business both in the UK and the Middle East.